Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Bible Study

Another thing I would like to do on this blog is share my christian faith with others. The bible says in Mark 16:15 "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation." the gospel of course being the amazing news that Christ dying on the cross paid a price that none of us could pay for no other reason than pure love for people that did not even know him. It took me a long time to fully understand the magnitude of what happened on the cross and even today I still fathom at it. As Christians we should never stop praising God for what he has done for us. the ability to tell others about our faith is the greatest gift we can give. Because Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners (1 Timothy 1:15) not just those who knew him or had a faith at all. A lot of people get turned off by the christian faith because they see it as a set of rules to follow and there is no fun in that. But being a christian is not a check list, it is a liberation! It is knowing that if I have Christ then nothing else matters and forgiveness is new every morning and God has already forgotten the day before. I hate that people tend to focus on God's wrath and hell when thinking about Christianity. But here's the truth: Hell is real. And it is a scary, painful place where you live in the presence of God's wrath forever. I guarantee you that after that statement at least someone exited out of this page. But here is the other truth: all it takes to escape that is admitting that we sin and are in need of a savior for Christ to bring us under his wing. My decision to accept Christ was the best one I ever made. And even though I am still working towards fully trusting him and giving him my everything I know that he is helping me get there. My goal with the posts on this page is to share what I am reading in my bible. Honestly this will help me too and hold me accountable for actually completing quiet time with my bible which is something I also struggle with. So be praying for me as I work on this blog because prayer is the strongest thing there is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment